Florida Gateway College is committed to helping students find resolution to any issue that may arise. Below you will find information to assist students who may have complaint issues.
General Student Complaints:
Financial Aid Appeals:
Satisfactory Academic Progress
Student Discipline Appeals:
Discrimination and Harassment:
Sex/Gender Discrimination and Sexual Misconduct:
If a student has an issue that does not involve one of the above then we encourage the student to attempt to resolve the issue at the most informal level first. If the issue is not resolved at this level, then the student should proceed to the next administrative level.
- A student may appeal to the Office of the Ombudsperson a decision that is related to the student’s access to courses and credit granted toward the degree. The Ombudsperson is Denise Johnson : Building 002, Office 018 — 386-754-4441
- The student may contact the Ombudsperson directly.
- The Ombudsperson may serve as a student advocate and/or mediator regarding academic matters.
- The Ombudsperson is accountable to the College President in his/her role as Ombudsperson.
- This information is provided to students in the College Catalog: and the Student Handbook.
For information regarding student complaints with the FLDOE, click here.
For filing complaints to our regional crediting agency (SACSCOC) regarding the institution’s significant non-compliance with a requirement or standard, click here.
For information regarding student complaints involving distance learning at Florida Gateway College, please refer to the Distance Learning Grievance Procedure & State Authorization web page.
Per Senate Bill 0524, FGC is providing the following information:
Florida Sexual Offenders and Predators Website (University Search)
Toll-Free Number: 1-888-357-7332