Dual enrollment (DE) students are high school students (public, private and home educated) that enroll in select college credit and vocational programs at FGC. Credits earned at FGC count toward your college degree and high school diploma.
Please follow the enrollment steps below to successfully being your college career in high school! Remember that we are here to help you through this process. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Public and Private High School Students
- Make an appointment to meet with your guidance counselor to determine your eligibility (3.0 high school GPA and college-level placement test scores in reading, English and math).
- Attend Dual Enrollment meeting if required by your high school.
- Take the PERT placement test at your high school. ACT or SAT scores may also be used to meet placement requirements.
Once you are approved by your high school to take FGC classes, complete the FGC Admission Application (signed by both student and parent) with your guidance department.
Receive your letter of acceptance that will include important information like log-in information for MyFGC and student email, as well as instructions to register for the DE New Student Orientation. Register for your orientation with FGC’s Office of Dual Enrollment by calling 386-754-4300.
Complete your FGC course registration form, which must be approved by your guidance counselor. The form will be submitted to FGC’s Office of Dual Enrollment for processing.
Home-Schooled High School Students
- Request a letter of compliance from your county’s school board office.
- Schedule and complete the PERT placement test at FGC. The Test Center is located in Building 17 and may be contacted at email@example.com or 386-754-7378.
Schedule an appointment with FGC’s Office of Dual Enrollment at 386-754-4300 for review of eligibility. If approved, you will complete the FGC Admission Application (signed by both parent and student) and register for classes.
Receive your letter of acceptance that will include important information like log-in information for MyFGC and student email, as well as instructions to register for the DE New Student Orientation. Register for your orientation with FGC’s Office of Dual Enrollment by calling 386-754-4341.
Note: If you are a student with documented disability or if you have a 504 Plan please see Disability Services or call Terry Auger, coordinator of disability services, at 386.754.4215. The Disability Services Office is located in Building 017, Room 16, 149 SE College Place, Lake City, Florida 32025.