Welcome to Trio Student Support Services (SSS) at FGC! Our program is here to provide eligible students academic support with the goal of degree completion. Joining SSS at FGC will open doors to services that provide students a variety of opportunities to maximize their potential in academic, career and personal arenas. Our services are designed to promote your academic success and we are prepared to support and encourage you in all your endeavors, both here and at the next educational level. We will strive to be your on-campus “family”!
Eligibility requirements for SSS are as follows -
A student must be:
- A citizen of the United States or meet the residency requirements for Federal student financial assistance.
- Enrolled at Florida Gateway College or accepted for enrollment for the upcoming semester.
- In need of academic support.
Also, students must be at least one of the following:
- First generation college student (neither parent having received a baccalaureate degree),
- Low income individual as determined by FGC Financial Aid,
- Or, a student with a documented physical or learning disability.
We provide the following services to enrich your college experience.
· Financial literacy
· Success Coaches to enhance your college experience
· Connections to personal, academic and career assistance
· Individual and group tutoring
· Student to student mentoring
· Grant aid for eligible students
· Cultural activities
· Informational Sessions
· Transfer assistance to 4 year colleges/universities
· Financial aid and scholarship workshops
Requirements for the SSS program:
· (1) A student with low-income; (2) A first generation college student; and/or (3) A student with a disability
· Citizen or national of the United States or meets the residency requirements for Federal Student Aid.
For your convenience, we have attached is the SSS program application. You may print, complete and return the signed application to our College Success office in building 007, room 106 or 107 at your earliest convenience. For more information, questions, or concerns, contact Liz Parks at 386-754-4458 or Marcia Umstead at 386-754-4445.
Student Support Services is a TRIO Program federally funded by the US Department of Education. The goal of TRIO/SSS is to increase the college retention and graduation rates of its participants and help students make the transition from one level of higher education to the next. The program provides opportunities for academic development, assists students with basic college requirements, and serves to motivate students toward the successful completion of their postsecondary education.
TRIO/Student Support Services will provide services designed to help the participants graduate from college.
Click this link to view information via the U.S. Department of Education.
Brittany Watson, Program Assistant, email@example.com