Applications for the North Central Florida Take Stock in Children Program are released through each county’s middle schools. A selection committee made of faculty, staff, mentors and donors meet to determine the students for the program who participate throughout high school.
Students selected for TSIC agree to:
- Stay off drugs
- Stay crime free
- Maintain at least a 2.5 grade point average
- Maintain good citizenship both in and out of school
- Meet with an assigned mentor each week at school
- Attend and participate in TSIC events, as required
Each student also meets with program staff to receive additional support, such as:
- College success coaching
- College readiness workshops
- Timely intervention
Students who honor the Take Stock in Children commitment receive a two-year tuition scholarship to FGC upon high school graduation.