FGC is the perfect place to complete the first two years of a baccalaureate degree close to home and at a low cost. Students may then transfer their Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree to their college of choice. FGC is working to establish partnerships with other colleges and universities to facilitate the seamless transfer of our associate degree graduates. These partnerships result in transfer agreements, which, in some cases, guarantee services and admission of our graduates at the transfer institution. The following articulation agreements have been established by FGC:
- Students graduating from FGC with an Associate in Arts (A.A.) or Associate in Science (A.S.) degree will be eligible to receive 60 transfer credits at Bethune-Cookman University (B-CU) and be exempt from taking B-CU’s General Education Core requirements.
- FGC graduates will be assisted by a designated B-CU transfer admissions counselor.
- FGC students will have access to two on-the-spot B-CU admission events per year at FGC, where students will be advised on admission process and scholarships, and be eligible for a waiver of B-CU’s application fee.
- Students who are eligible for an academic merit award and who will enroll full time (12 or more credits) at B-CU will receive an automatic $1,000 scholarship effective with admission to the fall 2018 or spring 2019 term.
- Admittance into B-CU’s Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.S.) program provides FGC A.S. and A.A. graduates with a unique discounted tuition/scholarship at a rate of $250 per credit hour.
- FGC graduates who have been admitted into one of B-CU’s B.A.S. programs and paid the tuition deposit will be permitted to register during early registration at the same time as their B-CU counterparts.
- FGC graduates who are accepted and enroll full-time directly into one of B-CU’s B.A.S. programs and who graduate from B-CU’s B.A.S. program will be eligible for a scholarship/graduate assistantship into B-CU’s Online Master’s degree program in Organizational Leadership, Criminal Justice, and Exceptional Student Education.
- FGC’s AA and selected AS program graduates will be guaranteed admission to certain FAMU bachelor programs.
- FAMU will consider possible modifications to transfer admission criteria in support of a true 2+2 pathway model.
- Students will have access to FAMU advisors while enrolled at FGC and other transitional benefits (i.e., visits to FGC on a regular basis to meet with students, arrange trips to FAMU for campus tours and other special arrangements).
- FAMU will offer expanded financial aid resources for FGC students to support 2+2 articulation agreements.
- Students graduating from FGC with an AA degree and a 2.5 overall GPA, along with successful completion of any required prerequisites or approved skills test, are guaranteed admission into UNF. Guaranteed admission does not apply to UNF’s limited or selective access programs.
- Once a student declares intent to transfer to UNF, FGC will coordinate with UNF staff to arrange on-site academic advising for the student.
For more information and to sign-up for the program, visit www.unf.edu/FGC10four
- * UCF cannot offer guaranteed admission to UCF.
- This agreement applies to specific UCF Online undergraduate programs.
- Students with an Associate of Arts degree or articulated Associate of Science degree can pursue one of UCF’s fully online Bachelor programs without having to relocate to Orlando.
- Students receive assistance from UCF Student Success Coaches once they declare intention to transfer to UCF Online. UCF coaches will work with students to ensure the best choices for their intended program.
- Fees for the campus-based services that are not utilized as a UCF online student are waived, resulting in student savings.
For more information and to sign-up for the program, visit www.ucf.edu/online/info/florida-gateway-college/
- Students graduating from FGC with an AA degree or an AS degree and a 2.0 cumulative GPA are guaranteed admission into SLU.
- SLU staff are accessible on FGC’s campus through their Lake City Education Center. SLU offers on-campus evening and weekend classes at the Lake City campus, as well as online classes.
- All transfer students are offered the Effective Access to Student Education Grant, which is state aid for private institutions.
For more information, review the letter to our students from St. Leo University Area Director, Jessica Markham.
- Students graduating from FGC with an AA degree and a cumulative 2.0 GPA are guaranteed admission into VSU.
- Students will receive up to 42 transfer credit hours in General Education Core Areas. Students will receive up to 18 credit hours in courses appropriate to the major, provided they follow the course recommendations for the particular major they have chosen.
- Students must satisfy the Georgia Legislative requirements for US and Georgia History, and US and Georgia constitution (exemption tests will be administered at no charge for students who have taken an American/National Government class or a US History class at FGC).
- VSU waives out-of-state tuition for Florida residents.
The Florida 2+2 Statewide Articulation Agreement states that AA graduates are guaranteed admission to one of the twelve State University System (SUS) institutions, but not necessarily the one of their choice. The agreement also contains transfer credit and General Education Program (GEP) guarantees. The above public in-state agreements provide additional benefits to our transfer students at Florida public institutions.