Fall Commencement Ceremonies will be held on December 8th, December 10th, and December 11th at 5:30 pm, 6:30 pm, and 7:30 pm. Multiple ceremonies will be held in order to adhere to health and safety guidelines. Participating graduates will be assigned a ceremony date and time no later than November 1 and communication regarding your assigned ceremony will be sent to your student email account.
How do I sign up to participate in commencement?
*Summer and Fall 2020 Graduates*
Purchase your cap and gown AND submit a graduation application by the October 16th deadline, and you will be eligible to participate in commencement. You are encouraged to complete the graduation application prior to purchasing cap and gown to ensure you’re eligible to graduate. If you are borrowing a cap and gown from a previous graduate, please ensure it is from the past year and the correct color. If you want to participate and are not placing an order with the FGC Bookstore, you must email email@example.com about participating in Fall commencement (include your name, ID number, program of study and phone number).
*Spring 2020 Graduates*
As a Spring 2020 graduate, you have the opportunity to participate in one of the 2020 Fall Commencement Ceremonies. If you wish to participate, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm that you plan to attend. This step is required to participate, as well as for your name to be included in the Commencement Program. Please be aware that the deadline for your cap and gown order is October 16.
How do I submit a graduation application?
Meet with your advisor to ensure your programs requirements will be met by the end of Fall 2020. You will complete your graduation application at the appointment, have it signed by your advisor, and then submit it to Enrollment Services in Building 15.
**Your graduation application must be received in Enrollment Services by the published deadline of October 16, 2020 for your name to be included in the printed commencement program.** Schedule an appointment to meet with your advisor before the deadline.
How do I order a cap and gown?
To place your order visit –> https://www.bkstr.com/fgcstore/shop/graduation or stop in to the FGC Bookstore in Building 14.
- If you order online, there is an option to have your cap and gown shipped to you.
- For students who choose in store pick up, cap and gown pick up will be from November 2ndto November 13th.
- The last day to place your order is October 16th. Contact 754-4320 or email Bookstore.email@example.com with any questions.
- A ticket will be required from each guest for entrance into the ceremony. You will receive your 6 tickets in your cap and gown order.
- You and your guests should arrive at the Ceremony no more than 15-20 minutes earlyfor your ceremony time. Since we’re holding a ceremony every hour, this is critical to the flow of each ceremony and the safety of our visitors.
- You should arrive fully dressed in your graduation regalia.
- When you arrive, you will pick up your name card (to show the speaker when you cross the stage for your name and degree to be announced) and be given instructions on line-up.