Are you currently attending another college or university? We invite you to be our guest for the Summer!

Advantages to attending FGC as a guest student:

  • Take FGC courses and transfer them back to your home institution
  • Speed up your time to degree completion
  • Find a course at FGC that is not available at your home institution
  • Enrollment process is one simple online form for students attending a Florida public college or university

*You are a guest student if you are currently enrolled at another college or university and plan to take FGC courses that can be transferred back to your home institution. Transient students attend on a term-by-term basis and are not pursuing a degree at FGC.

Florida Public Colleges

Florida Shines is a service of the State University System of Florida and the Florida College System.  The website is For students who are currently enrolled at one of Florida’s 28 state colleges or 12 public universities, you will submit your Transient Student Request through Florida Shines.

Students are only permitted to enroll in the specific term and courses outlined on the Transient Student Request. Upon receipt of the request, your admission will be processed and you will be provided with your student ID number and PIN number.  Once you have received this information, you may register for your classes through MyFGC. Please see our Guest (transient) Student Enrollment Steps for more detail.

For additional information on how to register online, please visit our Tools and Tutorials page.

Private or Non-Florida Colleges or Universities

For students who are currently enrolled at a private or non-Florida institution, you will need to apply through MyFGC and provide a transient authorization letter from your home institution to the Enrollment Services Office. Please see our Guest (transient) Student Enrollment Steps for more detail.

Current Florida Gateway College Students

If you are a current FGC student desiring to take a course at another Florida public institution, you are encouraged to complete the Transient Student process through Florida Shines,

If you are attempting to take a transient course at a private, or non-Florida school, please use the form below.

Transient Student Request Form