FGC’s Spring Commencement Ceremonies will be held on May 4, 2018 at the Howard Conference Center. The morning ceremony will recognize A.A. graduates and the afternoon ceremony will recognize Bachelor, A.S., Certificate and A.T.D. graduates. The information below will help you prepare for your big day.
Who is eligible?
Students who submit a graduation application for Spring or Summer 2018 to the Office of Enrollment Services by the March 23, 2018 deadline.
How do I submit a graduation application?
Meet with your advisor to ensure your programs requirements will be met by the end of Spring or Summer 2018. You will complete your graduation application at the appointment, have it signed by your advisor, and then submit it to Enrollment Services in Building 15. Your advisor will ask if you plan to walk in the ceremony and indicate your participation on the graduation application prior to submission.
**Your graduation application must be received in Enrollment Services by the published deadline of March 23, 2018 for your name to be included in the printed commencement program.** Schedule an appointment to meet with your advisor before the deadline.
You can view the Academic Calendar here.
Participate in Spring Commencement
Cap and Gown
- March 19 – April 6: Students pay for cap and gown at the Cashier’s Office in Building 15. Take your receipt to the Office of Recruitment and Communication in the same building and complete your order form.
- We will have a new look to our gowns in 2018, so please do not borrow a gown from a previous graduate.
- April 23 – April 27: Students may pick up cap and gown at The Hall (Building 7) from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm. You will also be given your guest tickets at that time (see ticket information below).
- April 30 – May 3: Faculty and staff should pick up regalia at The Hall.
- There are a limited number of tickets available for each ceremony. When you pick up your cap and gown, you will be given a maximum of four commencement tickets for your guests. If you do not need four tickets, please take only the number of tickets you need. Any leftover tickets will be used at the door for attendees without tickets on a first-come, first-serve basis. Attendees must have a ticket to be allowed into the Conference Center.
- Anyone without a ticket may view a live stream of the ceremony on campus at Pine Square or at the Gateway Grill. No one is permitted in the Conference Center once the graduation procession begins.
Monitor your wolves email for important graduation details and reminders. While our commencement does not require a rehearsal, we will share information that will help you, your family and friends have a fun, stress-free graduation day.
Commencement Day Sequence of Events
May 4th, 2018
A.A. Ceremony at 10:00 a.m.
8:30 – 9:30 a.m. Students report for line-up in the Wilson S. Rivers Library. Pick up your name card at the check-in table located in the atrium and line up inside the library.
8:30 a.m. Howard Center will be open for seating of your family and friends. We encourage guests to arrive prior to 9:30 a.m. to have time to park and get into the Howard Center before processional begins at 9:50 a.m.
9:00 a.m. Faculty/Staff report for line-up in the Library, Room 102.
9:50 a.m. Students will begin processional to the Howard Center. Entrance of guests will stop during the processional.
10:00 a.m. Commencement ceremony begins.
Bachelor, A.S., Certificate, A.T.D. Ceremony at 1:30 p.m.
12:00 -1:00 p.m. Students report for line-up in the Wilson S. Rivers Library. Pick up your name card at the check-in table located in the atrium and line up inside the library.
12:00 p.m. Howard Center will be open for seating of your family and friends. We encourage guests to arrive prior to 1:00 p.m. to have time to park and get into the Howard Center before processional begins at 1:20 p.m.
12:30 p.m. Faculty/Staff report for line-up in the Library, Room 102.
1:20 p.m. Students will begin processional to the Howard Center. Entrance of guests will stop during the processional.
1:30 p.m. Commencement ceremony begins.