Applying for Graduation
Applying for graduation is an important and exciting step of your college experience. It means you are one step closer to completing your degree and we are honored to be a part of it!
Applying for graduation is necessary for the Enrollment Services Office to review your records for graduation and generate your diploma, regardless of whether or not you attend the commencement ceremony. You apply for graduation by meeting with an advisor and completing a Graduation Application Form. The form may be obtained from your advisor, from the Enrollment Services Office in Building 15, or by clicking the link below.
If planning to graduate at the end of the spring term, you should see your advisor during the fall term in order to ensure you are on track to complete all necessary graduation requirements. Please consult the Academic Calendar for graduation application deadlines. You can view the Academic Calendar here.
Who is eligible?
- Students awarded a degree or certificate in Summer 2017
- Students who submit a graduation application for Fall 2017 to the Office of Enrollment Services by the October 20, 2017 deadline
How do I submit a graduation application?
Meet with your advisor to ensure your programs requirements will be met by the end of Fall 2017. You will complete your graduation application at the appointment, have it signed by your advisor, and then submit it to Enrollment Services in Building 15.
**Your graduation application must be received in Enrollment Services by the published deadline of October 20, 2017 for your name to be included in the printed commencement program.** Schedule an appointment to meet with your advisor before the deadline.
Next Steps to Participate in Fall Commencement
- Purchase your cap and gown from FGC’s Bookstore starting on September 19, 2017. Deadline for cap and gown orders is November 3, 2017. For information on ordering a cap and gown and other graduation products, visit our Bookstore’s Graduation page.
- Planning to borrow a cap and gown?
Some of our students borrow their cap and gown from friends and family. Please let us know if you are borrowing a cap and gown and plan to participate, so that we are prepared with your name card on commencement day (name card is read by the speaker to announce your name and degree). Notify us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monitor your wolves email for important graduation details and reminders. While our commencement does not require a rehearsal, we will share information that will help you, your family and friends have a fun, stress-free graduation day.
Cap & Gown Orders
The FGC Bookstore will begin taking cap, gown, and tassel orders on September 19, 2017, and the last day to order is November 3, 2017.
The cost is $28.57, including tax.
Members of Phi Theta Kappa may purchase an optional graduation stole and/or tassel at www.ptk.org.
We have partnered with the Herff Jones Company to offer college personalized class rings.
You may place your order online at www.collegegrad.herffjones.com.
We have partnered with the Herff Jones Company to offer college personalized announcement and stationary accessories for your upcoming graduation. You may place your order at www.herffjones.com/college/graduation.
Please allow 3-4 weeks for announcement delivery.
We have partnered with the Signature A to offer college personalized announcements and Diploma frames for your upcoming graduation. You may place your order at www.SignatureA.com.