As required by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008, Florida Gateway College (FGC) is providing this page as a single access point for students and the public to required HEOA disclosures and specified consumer information. This information is intended to enable prospective students to make informed decisions regarding postsecondary education at FGC.
Florida Gateway College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate and associate degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Florida Gateway College.
Public Records Requests
Requests for Public Records should be directed to:
Sharon M. Best, Executive Director
Human Resources & Equity Officer
Building 001, Room 116
149 SE College Place
Lake City, FL 32025
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
General Institutional Information
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Annual Notification of Rights under FERPA are published in the annual College Catalogs and Student Handbooks
FGC Announces first round of CARES ACT Funding to Students
Florida Gateway College has awarded $69,120 to students who were in technology programs in Spring of 2020 and had their semesters extended by one month. A total of 216 students received a grant in the amount of $320.00 to help cover COVID related expenses.
2nd Round of CARES Act Money Available to Students
Florida Gateway College has announced a 2nd round of Care Acts Funding for their students for the Summer 2020 semester. There will be $150,000 dollars of emergency funding available to qualified students. You can access and fill out the emergency grant application here.
Net Price Calculator on the web.
Required textbook lists are posted on the college website home page each term.
- Student Activities information located on the on the web
- Voter Registration forms are available at the Student Activities office
Contact the Registrar’s Office for more information: 386.754.4204
- Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
- Contact the Financial Aid Office for more information: 386.754.4296
- Contact Information for Assistance in Obtaining Institutional or Financial Aid Information:
- Financial Aid Office
- For more information, call 386.754.4296
- Student Financial Assistance
- General Financial Aid Information
- FGC Federal School Code is 001501
- Student Loan Information
The Department of Institutional Effectiveness maintains information regarding the student performance and outcomes in its Fact Books and Program Review page on the web. Specific performance indicators include:
- Retention Rate
- Graduation Rates (Student Right-to-Know Act)
- Transfer-out Rates (Student Right-to-Know Act)
- Placement of Occupational Program Graduates
- Articulation to Florida Universities
Economic Security Report
- Click here for the economic security report of employment and earning outcomes prepared by the Department of Economic Opportunity.
Program information is available on the college website and in the college catalog.
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program:
- Educational efforts for prevention of drug and alcohol abuse are directed toward all members of the academic community.
- Campus Security Policies, Crime Statistics, Crime Log: Refer to the Student Handbook.
- Weather Emergency Closing Procedure
- Emergency college closing information is found in the Student Handbook.
- Emergency Evacuation
- Campus Safety
- Emergency Call Box locations on campus are provided in the Student Handbook.
- Chapter VII of the Student Handbook discusses Campus Safety procedures in detail.
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS) – The Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) requires Florida Gateway College to provide Safety Data Sheets (SDS) formerly known as Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS). There is a master list of products located on the Florida Gateway College campus. This master list is updated periodically with the most recent version of the associated chemicals available. For an individual SDS in its entirety and their locations on various campus sites, please contact the Facilities department’s Director of College Facilities at 386-754-4325.
- Economic Security Report
In compliance with Florida Statute 119.071(5), Florida Gateway College issues this notification regarding the purpose of the collection and use of your Social Security number. FGC collects your Social Security number for use in performance of the college’s duties and responsibilities. To protect your identity, FGC will secure your Social Security number from unauthorized access. FGC will never release your Social Security number to unauthorized parties, and each student and employee at FGC will be issued a unique identification number. The unique identification numbers are assigned to students and employees to help to protect identities. Your unique student identification number is used for all educational purposes at Florida Gateway College including registration, access of your online record, etc. Federal legislation relating to the Hope Tax Credit requires that all postsecondary institutions report the Social Security number of all post-secondary students to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). This IRS requirement makes it necessary for colleges to collect the Social Security number of every student. A student may refuse to disclose his/her Social Security number to the college, but refusing to comply with the federal requirement may result in fines established by the IRS. In addition to the federal reporting requirements, the public school system in Florida uses the Social Security number as a student identifier. This use is authorized in Florida Statue 229.559 and in School Code Section 1008.386. In a seamless K-20 educational system, it is beneficial for postsecondary institutions to have access to the same information for purposes of tracking and assisting students in the transition from one educational level to the next. All Social Security numbers are protected by federal regulations and are never released to unauthorized parties. For additional detailed information on the college’s collection and use of social security numbers please click here.
Telephone Numbers of Offices Discussed in Consumer Information:
Advising & Student Development 386-754-4222
Office of Accessibility Services 386-754-4393
Emergency Messages 386-754-4336
Financial Aid 386-754-4282
Registrar’s Office 386-754-4436