CARES Act Eligibility Information and Application
Under the federal CARES Act, the Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds program provides funds to colleges and universities to help students who experienced a financial hardship as a result of disruption due to COVID-19.The following is a list of expenses that can be considered for emergency grant funds if they were incurred in direct relation to the disruption of campus operations due COVID-19.
- Technology (assistance with Wi-Fi access or purchasing computer hardware or software)
- Course materials
The emergency grant funds are not intended to be used to replace a loss of income or to pay for student expenses that are not directly related to the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus pandemic. Emergency grant funds are limited and will be disbursed to eligible students based on order of application until all CARES Act funds are depleted.
To be eligible for funds, FGC students must:
- Have attended FGC during the Spring 2020 semester
- Be currently registered for classes
- Be eligible to receive federal financial aid
- Be a US citizen
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or completion of high school in an approved homeschool setting (awarded prior to March 13, 2020).
- Be making satisfactory academic progress
- Not be in default on a federal student loan or owe a repayment of a federal grant
- Complete the COVID-19 Emergency Grant Application, and
- Email the grant application along with verifiable supporting documentation of the negative financial impact of COVID-19 (example documentation: notification of reduction of work hours, layoff or furlough) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to print the application→ CARES Act Emergency Grant Application