Bring Your Heart for FGC’s Day of Giving
FGC’s Day of Giving will be celebrated on Tuesday, November 27th. This day is inspired by #GivingTuesday, a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. The concept is to give whether it’s time, donation, or your voice, resulting in positive changes for communities. In 2017, FGC and the community raised over $26,000, and 100% of those funds were used to support FGC students through scholarships and FGC programs.
For this year’s FGC Day of Giving, we are offering even more ways to “bring your heart” and give back. For the second year in a row the family of JY Wilson, one of the founders of FGC, has pledged $10,000 in matching funds on this day. Therefore, your first $10,000 raised will be matched dollar for dollar by the family of JY Wilson.
Whether you’re a student, employee, alumni or friend of the college, we want you to join our movement and help us make a difference in the lives of students.
Here’s what you can do before November 27th!
- Share an #unselfie of yourself and tell us why it’s important to you to give back with the #FGCgive. The most creative #unselfie will win an awesome giveaway!
- Look for our facebook post regarding FGC’s Day of Giving. You’ll have a chance to win a prize when you like, comment and share the post. Let everyone know that you plan to give back to FGC and include #FGCgive.
Here’s what you can do on the big day, November 27th!
- From 12:00 am – 11:59 pm, you can give online at www.fgc.edu/givingtuesday
- From 9:00 am – 3:00 pm, join us for food, activities and opportunities to win prizes at Pine Square.
o $5.00 entrance fee and you will receive 1 food ticket, 5 opportunity tickets and a Giving inspired t-shirt designed by one of our talented students. Opportunity tickets can be used on a chance to win various prizes like gift baskets, gift cards and movie tickets, all donated from our wonderful college and community families! In addition, we will have various games set up with free play. Additional opportunity tickets can be purchased for $1.00 each.
o From 11:00 am – 12 Noon, get a turn at “Pie in President Barrett’s Face”!!
- Bring your heart and your friends! Help us make the biggest impact possible on this special day.