Thursday ● February 22, 2018
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Are you a current student at FGC and planning to transfer to a university after completion of your FGC degree? This event – hosted at the Howard Center – is the perfect opportunity to learn more about potential transfer options, connect with their representatives and make a more informed transfer choice.
The following schools have confirmed attendance. We will post any additional institutions as they join our transfer day:
Baptist College of Florida
Saint Leo University
Valdosta State University
University of Florida
Florida A&M University
Georgia Southwestern State University
University of North Florida
U.S. Military Academy at West Point New York
Full Sail University
Mississippi State University
Nova Southeastern University
Bethune Cookman University
Savannah College of Art and Design
College of Coastal Georgia
Florida Southern College
Plan and prepare for the event:
- Check back often to see the list of universities that will be in attendance.
- Research the schools ahead of time by checking out their websites. Learn about majors offered, campus location, student life and any other factors that are important to you.
- As you research, start writing down your questions. Bring your prepared list of questions with you to transfer day. See our list of Transfer Day questions.
- Plan to dress appropriately. Make your best impression on the college recruiters and admissions representatives that day.
What happens on Transfer Day?
- Visit the university tables you planned to visit, as well as the others! You may learn a school you previously didn’t consider is actually the best fit.
- Ask your questions, take notes and gather any materials the school offers. Go ahead and ask for a business card or contact information so you can easily ask your future questions.
- Turn in your Transfer Day survey. We want to improve the event for you and your peers.