International students who want to enter the US and pursue a “full course of study” to achieve a specific educational or professional objective (under an F-1 visa) may be admitted at FGC, once all required documents are received. Please follow the steps below as you plan your FGC educational career. Remember that we are here to help you through this process and your success is important to us.
Complete the International Student Application for Admission. Page 1 of the application provides a list of the required documents for admission. All documents and admission application should be submitted together to the Office of Enrollment Services, 149 SE College Place, Lake City, FL 32025. Please be aware of the following admission deadlines for international applicants:
Applicants outside the US – May 31
US transfer applicants – June 20
Applicants outside the US – September 30
US transfer applicants – October 31
Applicants outside the US – February 28
US transfer applicants – March 24
For questions about the international admissions process, please email the International Student Admissions Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once Florida Gateway College has received the completed International Application and all the required documents, we will issue you a Form I-20.
- The Form I-20 will be mailed to you and is your confirmation that you have been accepted to our institution for a specific program and period of time.
- The embassy or consulate will require the Form I-20 when you apply for an F-1 student visa. However, receipt of the Form I-20 does not guarantee you will receive an F-1 student visa.
- All international students applying for an F-1 visa will be required to pay a SEVIS fee. For more information regarding this fee and the payment process go to ice.gov/sevis/i901/index.htm
- If you are already in the United States, you can send the Form I-20 to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) with a request for change of nonimmigrant status. For more information go to uscis.gov.
- As with any international travel, you will need a passport. Make sure your passport is up to date before leaving home. When you arrive at the United States port of entry, the immigration officer will review your passport, the F-1 visa and the Form I-20. If everything is in order, you will be issued a Form I-94.
- This card should be keep with your passport, Form I-20 and F-1 visa. It is imperative you have all these documents with you at all times and be prepared to present them to officials if and when asked. All these documents must be given to the Designated School Official at Florida Gateway College upon arrival.
Make an appointment by contacting email@example.com or call 386-754-4361. You will complete the remainder of your enrollment process with the assistance of the International Student Admissions Specialist. This includes placement testing, academic advising, course registration and fee payment. Each semester, the specialist will assist you with your enrollment.