STATE EMPLOYEE TUITION WAIVER PROGRAM
Per Section 1009.265, Florida Statutes:
Florida Gateway College will waive tuition and some fees for state employees to enroll for up to 6 credit hours of courses per term on a space-available basis. Florida Gateway College has three terms: Fall, Spring, and Summer.
For purposes of this section, employees of the State include employees of the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of state government, except for persons employed by a state university.
For more information contact the Cashier at 386.754.4211
Critical documentation submission and registration dates are shown on the academic calendar located HERE.
For guidelines and procedures click here.
Click here to download the State Employee Tuition Waiver Program – Intent to Apply Form.
For questions please e-mail: Cashier2@fgc.edu.
Guidelines & Procedures
- State employees
- are responsible for paying course lab fees, access fees and book costs
- must complete all admissions requirements, including the Application for Admission, placement testing, transcripts, proof of prerequisites, proof of residency, etc.
- must submit the completed Intent to Apply form by the established deadlines
- must register in person at the Registrar’s office on the registration date designated for State Employee registration as shown on the Academic Calendar. Registration is for classes on a space-available basis only.
- Tuition will be waived for a maximum of six credits per term. Florida Gateway College has three terms: Fall, Spring and Summer. Waiver is for college credit or vocational credit courses only. It is not applicable to non-credit (community education) courses.
- Tuition waivers may not be used for a course being taken for a third or subsequent attempt or for a course offered as part of a limited access program.
- Please see your advisor and refer to the current college catalog for the courses that are offered as part of a limited access program.
- Lab fees and access fees are not waived.
- Employment verification must be provided each term. If verification is not provided, student will be responsible for tuition and fees.
- The Tuition waiver is for the current term of registration only. It is not retroactive.
- The College reserves the right to cancel any class at any time.
- Certain college credit courses operate strictly on a cost recovery basis and cannot accept fee waivers.
- Tuition waivers may not be used for courses in which the student is registered prior to the designated registration date as specified in the Academic Calendar.
- State employees must complete all admissions requirements prior to registering for class (es).
- State employees using the Tuition Waiver program are required to submit their completed State Employee Tuition Waiver Program – Intent to Apply Form with agency signature(s) to the Cashier’s Office by the deadline noted on the Academic Calendar. Refer to the Academic Calendar for the specific application deadline and registration date each term.
- It is the student’s responsibility to verify that the form is received by the Cashier’s Office by the established deadline. Keep your fax confirmation of any fax transmittals.
- Once the employee is admitted to the college, or if the employee is a current student, and the completed State Employee Tuition Waiver Program-Intent to Apply Form has been submitted as stipulated above, he/she may register for classes, on a space-available basis, by bringing the completed registration form to the Registrar’s Office on the designated registration date between 8 am and 3 pm.
- Students are required to pay any lab and access fees. It is important that all fees are paid the day that you register. If the fees are not paid on that date, you will be dropped from the class(es) for non-payment and may not use the state tuition waiver for the class during that term.