- Apply Now
- About the Program
- Application Packet 2017-2018
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
The Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing program is designed for the associate degree nursing graduate who has a current Registered Nursing (RN) license. Consistent with the mission of Florida Gateway College (FGC), the mission of the RN- BSN program is to prepare register nurses with an affordable, high quality, generalist baccalaureate nursing education to meet present and future healthcare needs of their community and engage in life-long learning to advance the nursing profession.
Graduates will be prepared to implement critical decision making and leadership skills while providing and designing safe, quality care for patients/clients with complex health care needs and to assume professional roles withing a variety of health care settings.
Applications are accepted year round. For fall admission, the priority deadline for applications is March 31st of each year. The priority deadline for spring admission is September 30th of each year. If an application is received after the priority deadline then acceptance is not guaranteed for the upcoming semester. If you are interested in the program and meet admission application eligibility requirements you are encouraged to apply now.
Applicants must have at a minimum: AS degree in Nursing awarded from a regionally accredited college and a current, valid, unrestricted, unencumbered Florida RN license. The program is hybrid meaning the didactic portion is offered online and the clinical and lab portions are offered face-to-face. Courses with labs/clinicals require student attendance on campus or at a designated clinical site to meet course requirements. Interested individuals should follow the steps below for college and program admission.
To be officially considered for admission into the program, a student applicant must:
- Submit the FGC Baccalaureate Application and the RN to BSN Program Application.
- Provide a letter of interest describing reasons for pursuing a BSN degree and future career goals.
- Submit one professional letter of recommendation signed and on company letterhead.
- Provide documentation of a current valid, unrestricted, unencumbered Florida Registered Nurse License which must be current throughout the duration of the program.
- Provide a photocopy of current American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider Card or Professional Rescuer for American Red Cross (ARC) Card. No other CPR courses will be accepted. This must be current throughout the duration of the program.
- Provide a brief resume.
- Copies of transcripts from all colleges attended must be provided to the Admissions Office.
- Provide documentation of earning a grade of “C” or better in all general education requirements and a GPA of 2.5 or higher in all ASDN prerequisite courses, which will be a part of the official transcripts provided to the Admissions Office.
To see a list of scholarships students in the RN-BSN program may be eligible to receive, please click here. For more information on the scholarship process, please contact the Financial Aid office at (386) 754-7496 or click here to visit the website.
Questions specific to program admission and enrollment requirements should be directed to (386) 754-4222 or email@example.com .This workforce solution was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The solution was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. The BSN program is supported by a Department of Labor H-1B grant that supports Veteran access and training. If you are a Veteran and feel you may be eligible for educational benefits that would support you in one or more of the college’s programs please contact Amanda Luke, FGC Veteran’s Affairs representative @ 386-754-4398 for more information. The baccalaureate degree in nursing at Florida Gateway College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202-887-6791.
- Student Complaints and Appeals
- Like Us on Facebook