Earn 30+ and $1000 is On Us!
30+ in One Year Scholarship
Effective for Students Beginning Fall 2020
What is the 30+ in One Year scholarship?
This scholarship is awarded to new, first-time students seeking an Associate’s degree, who enter in the Fall semester of an academic year and complete 30 or more credits with a 2.0 GPA by the end of the following Spring semester. The scholarship is $1000, and is divided up into $500 for the fall and spring semesters of the student’s subsequent academic year.
For example, a brand new associate degree seeking student (has never attended college) starts in Fall 2020 and earns at least 15 credits, and then attends in Spring 2021 and earns at least 15 credits. This student has successfully completed 30 or more credits with a 2.0 GPA by the end of that Spring semester, therefore is eligible to receive $500 in Fall 2021 and $500 in Spring 2022.
Why does FGC offer the scholarship?
If you want to ensure timely completion of your degree, one of the best ways to accomplish this is by taking a full course load from the start of your college education. A full course load is equivalent to 15 or more credits per semester. If you want to increase the odds of timely completion even more, enroll in every fall and spring sequence for 15+ credits without taking a break, as a semester off often leads to students not finishing. FGC encourages students to complete in a timely manner through the 30+ in One Year scholarship. We want to reward you financially for your hard work, so that you continue on to graduation and ultimately to the start of your next degree or career.
What is the criteria for eligibility?
- Must be a first-time in college student at FGC (does not apply to dual enrollment, transfer students or returning students)
- Must be seeking an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree and taking courses that apply to that degree
- Must be entering FGC during the Fall 2020 semester
- Must earn a minimum of 30 credits with a 2.0 GPA by the end of Spring 2021.
- If eligible, scholarship award is only available in the student’s 2ndacademic year and cannot be extended to subsequent terms.
What does not count for this scholarship?
- Credits earned in the summer. Credits must be earned in a fall and spring sequence.
- Credits that do not apply to your program.
- Credits with a cumulative GPA below a 2.0
What’s the next step to be considered for the scholarship?
- You will need to be a student entering in the Fall 2020, so ensure you complete the enrollment steps for First Time in College students here: Enrollment Steps
- Once you’ve been admitted, request review of eligibility for the 30+ in One Year scholarship to confirm that you meet the initial criteria for the scholarship. Complete the online request form here:30+ in One Year Scholarship – Request for Review of Eligibility. Submit this form as soon as possible to ensure you are eligible to pursue the scholarship.
- Get started on your classes! Ensure you take the course load in fall and spring required by the scholarship, check in with your advisor, and take advantage of our Student Success Center services if needed.